PRESEASON WEEK FOUR - MINNESOTA VIKINGS AT TENNESSEE TITANS
THURSDAY, AUGUST 28, 2014 - LP FIELD - NASHVILLE, TN - 7:00 PM CT - KARE
The Minnesota Vikings will close the 2014 preseason when they head to Tennessee to take on the Titans. Having won their first three preseason contests, the Vikings will look to finish undefeated in the preseason for the first time since 2001.
The Vikings defeated the Chiefs last weekend 30-12. TE
Through the first three preseason games, Vikings quarterbacks have combined to complete 55-of-86 passes (64.0 percent) for 672 yards, six touchdowns and one interception. Their 106.3 passer rating is second best for a team in the NFL. The 15.3 points per game the team has allowed in the first three contests ranks fourth in the NFL.
The Vikings added 30 new faces to the roster since the conclusion of the 2013 season, including 10 players selected in the 2014 NFL Draft. The Vikings selected two players in the 1st round of the draft, LB
KARE (Channel 11 in Minneapolis)
Play-By-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman/Ben Leber
KFAN-FM 100.3/KTLK-AM 1130
Play-by-Play: Paul Allen Analyst: Pete Bercich
Sideline Reporter: Greg Coleman/Ben Leber
Pre-Game Show: Mike Mussman – 6:00 PM CT
KFAN and KTLK serve as the flagship stations for the 72-station, 5-state Vikings Radio Network.
VIKINGS IN THE PRESEASON
* The Vikings have a combined record of 143-96-3 (.597) in their 242 preseason games.
* The team has finished undefeated in the preseason 6 times (1964, ‘65, ‘73, ‘92, ‘98, ‘01).
* The Vikings have finished with a .500 record or better 40 times in the team’s 53 preseasons.
* In the 40 previous preseasons when the Vikings have finished at .500 or better, the team has gone on to finish at .500 or better 31 times in the ensuing regular season.
* In the 13 preseasons when the Vikings have finished below .500, the team has gone on to finish below .500 seven times in the ensuing regular season.
VIKINGS-TITANS SERIES NOTES
• The Vikings and Titans have played six times during the preseason with the Vikings holding a 5-1 series lead.
• Minnesota owns the advantage in the regular season series. The teams have met 12 previous times in the regular season with the Vikings holding an edge at 8-4-0.
• The last time Minnesota and Tennessee met in the preseason was a season ago with the Vikings earning a 24-23 victory.
• In the Vikings 24-23 win in the final game of the 2013 preseason, QB
• Minnesota is 7-1 in regular season home contests and 1-3 on the road against the Titans.
• The last time the Titans and Vikings met in the regular season, 9-of-11 offensive starters from that game are currently on the Vikings roster, while there are six defensive players that received the starting nod that are currently on the Vikings roster.
• In the 2012 regular season match-up against the Titans, QB
VIKINGS BIG DAYS VS. TITANS
* LB Chad Greenway recorded double-digit tackles in each of his two games against the Titans. Greenway recorded 10 tackles and two tackles for a loss vs. Tennessee on 10/7/12.
* QB Matt Cassel completed 24-of-34 of his passes for 314 yards and three touchdowns with Kansas City against the Titans on 12/26/10.
• Vikings DE
• Vikings G
• Vikings WR
• Minnesota WR
• Vikings secondary coach Jerry Gray was the defensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans from 2011-13.
• Vikings assistant DBs coach/quality control Jonathan Gannon worked as the defensive assistant/quality control under Vikings DB coach Jerry Gray who served as the Titans defensive coordinator the past two seasons.
• Titans tight ends coach Mike Mularkey played tight end for the Vikings from 1983-1988, finding the endzone five times during his time with the Vikings. Mularkey started his coaching career at Concordia University in St. Paul, Minn.
• Titans RB Dexter McCluster and Vikings QB Matt Cassel played together in Kansas City from 2010-2012.
• Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner coached Titans QB Charlie Whitehurst in San Diego from 2007-09.
• Vikings S
• Vikings FB
• Vikings T Antonio Richardson graduated from Ensworth High School in Nashville, Tenn. in 2011.