As the Minnesota Vikings head back to the elements at the University of Minnesota, we encourage all of our fans to prepare and get acquainted with parking. PLAN AHEAD and PURCHASE parking ahead of time. Click here to purchase your season parking pass. For questions about purchasing parking passes, call 612-624-8080.
TOP 3 PARKING TIPS FOR VIKINGS GAMEDAY
1. Arrive EARLY and HAVE A PLAN – Parking facilities for noon games will open at 7:00AM. For all other game start times the facilities will open SIX (6) hours before the game.
2. Bring the correctly dated parking pass with you to park in your season parking spot. Do not separate the two sections of the parking pass.
3. Please park in designated lots or facilities provided for game-day parking. Illegal parking will be strictly enforced, on and off campus. Violators will be subject to tagging and towing at owner’s expense.
CAMPUS DRIVING TIPS TO GAMES
Directions for parking on campus are available online here. These driving recommendations are meant to help you navigate travel and road restrictions due to the game.
• Choose your campus parking based on the direction you are traveling to/from.
• Lots on the east side of the stadium are recommended to be accessed from Highway 280 and I-94 via University Avenue.
• Lots and ramps on the west side of the stadium are recommended to be accessed from 35W via University Ave.
• Ramps near and south of Washington Ave are recommended to be accessed from I-94 via Huron Boulevard.
DRIVING TIPS AFTER THE GAMES
Some roads are restricted after the game and officers direct traffic to the freeways along a specific route. This helps to get fans off campus as quickly as possible.
• Lots on the east side of the stadium will be directed to leave campus eastbound.
• University Avenue connects to Highway 280 and I-94 just southeast of campus.
• Lots and ramps west of the stadium will be directed to head west.
• 4th Street connects to I-35W within seven blocks of campus.
• Oak Street Ramp and part of Washington Avenue Ramp are directed to Huron Boulevard and the I-94 connection.
• East River Road Garage and Church Street Garage are directed to use the Washington Ave Bridge to access the freeway system.
Specific parking locations have specific exit routes assigned to them to distribute the outbound traffic to help fans get off campus as quickly as possible. The map showing the exit routes for each parking facility can be found here.
FREE FAN SHUTTLES
On home game days, Vikings football shuttles will connect at the St. Paul Fairgrounds (Lot S108) to TCF Bank Stadium.
PRE-GAME & DURING THE GAME
Football shuttles will run every 10 minutes starting THREE hours before the game.
After the game, shuttles will run continuously until the crowd is cleared. The football shuttle to St. Paul picks up fans on the Transitway between 23rd and 25th Avenues (north of the Minnesota Lot). After the crowd clears, regular campus shuttle service returns with pick-ups on 23rd Avenue every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.
Dedicated ADA accessible shuttles for those with disabilities or in need of extra assistance will be available. The St. Paul disability shuttle, post-game, will load on the west side of 23rd Avenue where the shuttle drops off pre-game. Additionally, golf cart shuttles will be available for individuals requiring assistance between the University Avenue Ramp and TCF Bank Stadium.
For help planning your game day trip by bus, light rail or train, please visit metrotransit.org or call 612-373-3333.