The University of Minnesota permits tailgating on game days in surface parking lots excluding the Gold, Gopher, Maroon and Lot 94. Click here to view parking map.
Tailgating for noon games will open at 7:00AM. For all other game start times the facilities will open SIX (6) hours before the game. Tailgating must end FOUR hours after game time or midnight, whichever comes first. All vehicles must leave the parking lots when they close at midnight. This time line allows various campus entities to staff, prepare, and clean the tailgating areas before and after home games.
Tailgate lots are the only places in which tailgating is permitted. Green space within a parking lot or within 15 feet of a designated surface lot may be used for tailgating by the participants assigned to that particular lot. Tailgating is NOT permitted on any other University of Minnesota property, including parking ramps and garages.
A single parking permit gives you access to one parking spot. Saving spots for other motorists is not permitted. Parking spaces are limited and it is important to make all spaces available for parking. There may be staff in the parking lot directing incoming cars to specific locations. It is important to follow those directions. Saving spots can make it impossible for late-arriving fans to maneuver into an open parking space.
Fans are not allowed to block travel aisles within the tailgate lots. Travel aisles will be maintained by security personnel in case of emergency.
The following items and actions are not allowed in lots:
• Open fires fueled by charcoal, wood, or other combustible materials.
• Kegs, drinking game accessories, and large quantity or common source containers of alcoholic beverages.
• Glass containers of any kind.
• Disruptive music or noise.
• Couches or other large furniture items.
• Promotional or marketing activities without appropriate authorization from the University.
• Sale of products, food, or beverages except as authorized by the University.
These policies are in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all fans.
The following items and actions are allowed in the lots:
• Gas grills with a maximum propane cylinder size of 20 pounds.
• Consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons of legal drinking age, and in compliance with all applicable laws, city ordinances, and University policies.
• Portable outdoor furniture.
• Tents and awnings that do not block adjacent parking spaces, impede drive aisles or require the use of stakes.
• Portable generators.